Thursday, June 23, 2011

RIVALS

If there's one thing I'll never get tired of... its MTV challenges. And blogging.

Last night those of us who tuned in to the 10 Spot were given quite the treat with the premiere of Rivals, the 21st season of the challenge (21 Seasons?!) Here's the premise: everyone is teamed up with their biggest rival from the show. Sounds good to me. I honestly don't even care who they're paired up with as long as they're drinking, living in one house, and getting into fights.

When the show opens up, the question on everyone's lips is... will TJ Lavin be the host? Flashbacks to his bad bike accident are shown on screen with ominous music. We see a photo of him in casts and an induced coma in the hospital. And then, out of the darkness, walks TJ Lavin. I nearly lost it on my couch, as did the cast in Costa Rica. Sidenote, does TJ hang out with them at night and stuff? What does he do when he's not giving them instructions?

Anyway, happy days are here again, TJ is back. There are a few girls that I have no idea who they are, Cara Maria, Camilla, Mandi, Anna, Luann, Cindy... whoops wrong channel. Whatever, hi CT, hi Aneesa, hi Paula. So glad the regulars are here. HI KENNY!!!

Couple of interesting things happen.
1. CT tells us his brother was murdered and CT got shot in the back which totally changed his view on life. Whoa. What? Hopefully Lala will ask about it on the reunion. He does seem to be better but it is only day 1. Also I really hope its Lala and not Maria Menounos hosting the reunion.
2. Robin gets really Ro-motional when she gets thrown into the "Jungle" because she wants to make money for her son at home. Um, what son? I'm not sure that people on challenges should be allowed to have children unless they're Sean and Rachel in which case they can have six. Who's the baby daddy? If its Mark I'll die.
3. Paula's hair is brown now. Let's go visit her at Rogue and watch her scratch her arms... Anyone?
4. Adam Las Vegas obbbbviously gets really drunk, throws a punch, and gets sent home. After winning the first challenge with Leroy as a rookie. I wonder if he still got to keep the money? I just want to know what the hell is the matter with Adam. He is weensy. What makes him think he can take this big, steroid laden, RW challenger? Adam isn't BMOC, he's not EVAN for god sakes. Doesn't he understand that he has to sit back, be quiet, let himself get hazed by the veterans, and earn his right to be there? You always want to be the Derrick, never the Puck.
5. Who the eff is Ty that Adam punched? I've never met him before.
6. When Leroy's new partner came out and it was Mike I nearly cried. I'm not sure what was more emotional. TJ's entrance or Mike's. I wonder if this was filmed before or after the RWLV reunion where Mike and Leroy had bff bracelets on. Hmmm. Wouldn't it be a coup of they won the whole thing?!

Judging from the scenes we are in for a great season. It looked like I saw Mike kissing a girl, lots of girl on girl kissing obvi, lots of bathing suits and pool scenes, drunken fights, screaming while wearing a helmet and life preserver. I am so down with Rivals.

No comments: