Wednesday, May 1, 2013




I Will Survive (Brood 2): The Cicada Song

- sung to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"


First I was afraid,
I was terrified
Kept thinking I could never live out in the countryside
But then I spent so many nights listening to that buzzing sound
It grew loud
They came from underground
And now you're back
From outer space
It's been seventeen years since a cicada flew up in my face
I should have sold my stupid house
I should've moved to West Palm Beach
If I'd known for just one second you'd be molting on my tree
Go on now go
Lay eggs and die
Not so into entomology
Id rather curl up and cry
Cicadas aren't bugs that wanna sting me or bite
You think Id crumble
Run screaming off in fright
Oh no not I
I will survive
I have two spray cans of Raid
So you know I'll stay alive
I have all my windows screened
And a recipe for larvae cream
I'll survive
I will survive
bzz bzz

No comments: