Tuesday, December 7, 2010

If There Had Been Glee Club In High School...

... I wouldn't have had to lie to my mom and pretend I was in winter track.

... Our homemade production of Scream would have been a musical, with numbers such as "I Don't Want to Die Tonight," "Sydney, Sydney," and "You Can't Stop the Blade."

... I wouldn't have eaten lunch alone in the auditorium.

... But I would have eaten tots with Mercedes. Even had a Tot-Off to raise money for a handicapped bus for sectionals.

... I would have had an extracurricular activity that wasn't a lie on my college applications.

... I wouldn't have denied my Jazz Band membership from the 8th grade.

... I wouldn't have bought so many Coke slurpees from 7-11 because they were always getting thrown in my face.

... I wouldn't have worked at a supermarket.

... My entrance to the Winter Gala wouldn't have involved a water bottle filled with vodka and an Apple and Eve juicebox. It would have been a flash mob dance-off to "All I Want For Christmas is You."

... I would have had a part in a school play. Instead of Asian Tourist #2.

... We would have started this blog 10 years ago.

No comments: